Translate

Thursday 22 June 2017

Success on the Bloomfield Track

Despite my last post, where I expressed my worries about proceeding on the way to Cape York, we did the Bloomfield Track without any problems. In reality I simply wish I hadn't spoken to those 2 couples who, having just completed Cape York and done Bloomfield Track that day that I met them, said we couldn't do it in our bus. 

Blu bus staunchly soldiered up and down the steep ranges, and never once looked like she couldn't do it. In fairness to Blu, although she's not a typical 4wd, she does have 4 driven wheels, albeit all on the one axle. Also in Blu's favour, she has an extremely low first gear (we usually drive off in 2nd gear in flat conditions), and we did use that first gear on the Bloomfield track's Cowie Range. 

I was never as worried about the rest of this trip... if we get stuck we'll get out, with or without help. We are not doing any of the crazy tracks!
I think this was taken from the top of Donovan Range. At any rate it's on the Bloomfield track, at a point where we stopped to let a convoy of 4wds with camper trailers past us.
 I think this beautiful view was taken from the top of Donovan Range. At any rate it's on the Bloomfield track, at a point where we stopped to let a convoy of 4wds with camper trailers past us. 

Bloomfield falls, at Wajul Wajul, Northern end of the Bloom Track.
 Bloomfield falls, at Wajul Wajul, Northern end of the Bloomfield Track.

Camped at Archer Point, spectacular but windy.
 Camped at Archer Point, spectacular but windy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment