- visited a childhood friend (of mine),
- stopped almost a week in Townsville (where H lost his wallet but had it returned honestly with all the cash inside),
- visited the spectacular Magnetic Island with friends,
- visited enough waterfalls and rock pools that the photos got confusing,
- saw plenty of wildlife (a Cassowary, a frill-necked lizard, a crocodile, musky rat-kangaroos, and a tree kangaroo),
- walked a few beaches,
- Visited a banana farm and a barramundi farm
- Bought, eaten and enjoyed a lot of tropical fruits from roadside fruit stalls (bananas, papaya (pawpaw), custard apples (cherimoya), citrus, passionfruits, avocados, black sapote (chocolate pudding fruits).
- Taken coconuts from the beaches and enjoyed their water and flesh.
- And.... been white water rafting.
Here's the cassowary we saw at Etty Bay!
On the banana farm